Emergency Medical Services — Paramedic Program, College Credit Certificate
6232: College Credit Certificate in Paramedic (42 Credit Hours)
FL CIP: 0351090405
This is a limited-access program. Please consult CF.edu/limitedaccess for information on limited-access programs.
Prerequisite: Admission to program and current EMT certificate from state of Florida. This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, www.caahep.org, upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Profession, CoAEMSP, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756, telephone 727-210-2350, website www.caahep.org. It also meets the standards of the 1998 EMT/Paramedic National Curriculum from U.S. Department of Transportation.
View gainful employment information on this program at CF.edu/gainful-employment/6232.
Semester One: 17 credit hours
Semester Two: 16 credit hours
Semester Three: 9 credit hours
Total Credit Hours: 42
Sequence of Paramedic courses represents fall as first semester. There is a slightly different sequence for students who begin in the spring or summer.
- All Health Sciences candidates must undergo a criminal background check. Candidates with a criminal record may not be eligible for any CF Health Sciences program.
- Upon acceptance into the program, a medical examination, TB test and proof of immunizations are required.
- All students are responsible for their own health/ hospitalization insurance. Professional liability insurance is included in tuition fees.
- It is necessary that students have reliable transportation to the assigned hospitals and clinical facilities.
- The student must be prepared to pay additional fees and purchase uniforms as mandated by program of learning.