2016-2017 Faculty Handbook

Resources to Students

Student Assistance Program

The CF Student Assistance Program is a confidential resource for assisting students who may have personal problems which could affect their school, work, or home lives. SAP provides early intervention and professional assessment and counseling to best meet the needs of the student. Services are free to all active CF students.

The SAP is managed by Bay Care Life Management, a health management organization located in Clearwater. A student can call the toll free number, 1-800-878-5470 (24 hours per day, seven day per week) for assistance. Once the student makes the telephone call, he/she will be given telephone numbers of several private licensed therapists, counselors, or clinical psychologists in his/her respective community that he/she may call and arrange for an appointment. Professional help is available to the student that can address a broad spectrum of issues — behavioral, emotional, substance abuse, relationships, and other problems. Monitoring and follow-up services are included.

CF Foundation Patriot Emergency Fund

This program provides the resources and tools students need to help stay in college and reach their educational goals when faced with an unforeseen financial emergency. Students are provided financial assistance to get them through their emergency. Furthermore, they are encouraged to seek help and are often directed to additional resources to help them with other life challenges they may face. All recipients are linked to a financial literary resource Web portal that was designed to help them build their long-term money management skills.

In order to qualify for the assistance, a student must meet the following conditions:

  • must have completed at least one semester at CF
  • must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
  • must be taking at least 6 credit hours during the current semester

Students may apply for emergency financial assistance at www.cf.edu/patriotfund or, visit the dean of Student Services in the Bryant Student Union (Building 5), Room 205, for more information, or call ext. 1250.