2016-2017 Student Handbook

Outstanding Fees and Disbursement of Aid

Each student's fee statement will show the amount owed to the college and any financial aid awarded. If the student fee statement is more than financial aid awarded, payment of the difference must be made to the cashier to clear the account. If the student fee statement is less than awarded financial aid, the student may receive the balance of financial aid funds in a refund after student accounts are credited.

The Business Office is responsible for processing refunds. Students should keep the college apprised of current contact information (address, email, telephone, etc.) so that refunds will be received promptly.

Students can review their award information on the Financial Aid tab of the MyCF student portal. Awards will appear as intended, accepted or credited. If the award is credited, it has been disbursed to the student account. Once credited, any applicable refund will usually apply to the student's Bank Mobile account within three business days. Any further questions regarding disbursements, once they are credited to the student account, can be directed to bursar@cf.edu.

What happens to my financial aid if I withdraw from classes or if I stop attending classes?

When a student who receives a net disbursement of Title IV funds* ceases attendance resulting in failure or withdrawal, the college is required by federal regulations to determine whether or not the student must repay a portion of the net disbursement to the U.S. Department of Education. The Financial Aid Office will notify the student in writing of the amount owed, procedures for repayment and the consequences of nonpayment within the allotted timeframe. Detailed information on repayments is available at www.CF.edu/financialaid.

Students who receive Bright Futures awards should consult the Bright Futures website (http://www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org/ssfad/bf/) for current information regarding the impact on a student's award if the student withdraws from a class or does not complete the class successfully.

*Pell, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Direct Subsidized Loans, Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans, etc.

Remember: You are responsible for withdrawing from a class. If you receive any type of financial aid, consult the Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing to determine if you will have to repay any portion of the aid disbursed to you and if there will be other eligibility consequences.